I simply love this drink...I can have this anytime of the day be it on an empty stomach or before bedtime to calm a growling stomach. I was told it is great for detoxing, but you'd have to be following a detox regimen for this to work as part of the detox process. For me, I see it as a healthy drink that is both refreshing and delicious!
I was in the Dominican Republic when I was first introduced to this drink. The hotel we were staying at back in April 2017 had a smoothie bar. There, they served fresh fruit and vegetable drinks that included ingredients straight from the land. Mind you, they only offered 4 different drinks: a tropical smoothie, a green smoothie, a mango smoothie, and a coconut smoothie. I tried them all, but the green smoothie was by far my favorite....so refreshing!! So I watched the local barmaid put this together and swore to make it part of my life when I get back home.
Here's the crazy thing...It has only 4 ingredients and it tastes great on its own or as a side drink:
- 1/2 large cucumber, washed, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 stalk of celery, washed and cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a blender, put all ingredients except for water
- Add water
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!
**Weight Watchers: 2 servings - 3 SmartPoints each