This is by far my favorite recipe for healthy home made protein bars. It is the easiest one I've come across, has healthy, unprocessed ingredients and is simply the yummiest. Love it.
I thought I'd share it on here, as I've made it a couple of times and every time someone tries it, they always ask me for the recipe. So voila! Now you too can make your own Protein Bar and enjoy it without added preservatives, or artificial ingredients. This particular recipe I got from a friend, who did mention that she got it off of a website, so even though I don't remember the name of the site, I cannot take all the credit for it. I am simply sharing it with other Healthy Obessionners!
I love taking this protein bar with me when I go to the gym, as I can have it either before my workout (preferably) or after. Although it is recommended not to have something that has sugar in it post a workout regimen, so you can make a batch with Stevia instead of honey and keep it for after your gym session.
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein
2 TBS almond butter
1 tsp agave or honey
2 tsp water
1 TBS raw cocoa powder
1/2 tsp coconut flour
- Mix all dry ingredients together first
- Add almond butter and stir
- Add water one tsp at a time and mix (can add a bit of water, droplet at a time if you didn't get to desired consistency)
- Shape into a rectangle and spread on a parchment paper
- wrap with plastic wrap and store in fridge (can also freeze up to 1 month)
- When ready to eat, take out and enjoy within an hour or so...if you want to take it with you somewhere, wrap it in something (paper towel maybe) and put in Ziploc bag and enjoy later!
*Weight Watchers: By the way, these can be cut into 2x2 squares once they're done and each one of them is 2 Smart Points.
**I'm so sorry, but I completely forgot to take pics of the bars once they've set and cut up into small squares...but hopefuly you get the idea! I would really love it however if you make this and share your pic with me (below in comments would be great!).