As you may have read in "my story", I lost my weight with Weight Watchers. The plan simply works if you follow it, and due to its great flexibility, it is my favorite program for keeping the weight off in the long run. In fact, Weight Watchers has become a lifestyle for me.
One of the things I love (and works best for me) about the program, is the fact that it focuses on high protein, low fat, low sugar meals and snacks. This my friends, is the secret of the success I've had with the program. So I can't help but be creative with my favorite meals in order to make them yummy, easy, and filling!
This weekend, I woke up hungry and decided to whip up a high protein breakfast ( my favorite meal of the day). So here's what I came up with: a big breakfast loaded with high protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar (aside from naturally occurring ones). Total WW Smart Points: 10! And these are very well spent points since this breakfast is so smart, it kept me satiated for over 4 hours!
So this is what my Smart Breakfast consists of:
- 2 fried eggs (used Pam for a non stick- fat free option)
- Fat free Greek yogurt with blueberries
- Cocoa steel cut oats
- Sprayed a small pan with Pam cooking spray, covered them on medium-low heat for a couple of minutes, then sprinkled some Ibiza Salt on them (Ibiza salt is salt mixed with chili flakes).
- Measured 175g of fat free Greek yogurt ( I use Kirkland brand) and topped it with 1/2 cup of blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Cooked my steel cut oats in water, and mixed in 1 TBS premium cocoa powder. You can also add Stevia if you like it sweet, but I prefer mine natural.
And voilà! A healthy, filling, delicious breakfast that will keep you fueled for hours.